If you have knee pain, it can hinder you from operating at full capacity. Knee pain can cause discomfort and limit your movement, keeping you away from the activities you love. If you have knee discomfort, you likely can’t wait to get back to doing the things you love. One way to help this condition is by seeking chiropractic care. Patients in Lancaster, PA, battling knee pain can schedule an appointment with us at Lancaster Chiropractic Life Center, where we may help them regain mobility and get reduced pain.
What Are the Causes of Knee Pain?
Your knee consists of multiple bones and muscles held together by ligaments and tendons. If any of these parts are compromised, you will likely experience knee pain. The common causes of knee pain may include:
- • Osteoarthritis (OA): Your knee joint has cartilage — a slippery substance — that helps knee bones to slide over each other when bending or stretching your knee. Unfortunately, if you have OA, the cartilage wears out, causing bones to rub against each other. As a result, OA patients experience stiffness and pain.
- • Tendonitis: Injury or repeated use of the knee may inflame your knee tendons, resulting in soreness and pain.
- • Injuries: Strains, sprains, and tears are common knee injuries that may occur during sports, falls, and slips.
- • Meniscus tear: The meniscus acts as a shock absorber between the tibia and femur. Unluckily, an awkward twist may cause a tear of this cartilage, resulting in pain and limited mobility. If the tear is large enough, your knee may lock.
Chiropractic care may help if you have knee pain, book an appointment with our chiropractor today.
TAKE OUT SECTION ON DIAGNOSING KNEE PAIN - WE DO NOT DIAGNOSE!
How Does a Chiropractor Help Knee Pain?
If you have knee pain and would like to try to heal it naturally, you need to see a chiropractor. Chiropractors may use the following to help:
- • Chiropractic Adjustment: Our chiropractor may need to remove pressure off the nerves in the lumbar spine that could be causing your knee pain. By removing misalignments in the spine, it can help reduce pressure on your knee joint. Our chiropractor may also look at the alignment of your lower leg and knee joint to make sure they are balanced as well.
- • Stretching Exercises: We may recommend stretching exercises to restore knee mobility.
Get a Chiropractic Adjustment from Our Chiropractor for Knee Pain Treatment
Would you like care for your knee pain in Lancaster, PA? Schedule an appointment with us at Lancaster Chiropractic Life Center. Our chiropractor can help, with chiropractic adjustments. Call us at (717) 394-2444.