Happy New Year! We want to wish you all the happiest and healthiest year yet!
Please take note that we will be CLOSED New Years Day. Our regular schedule resumes Monday, January 3rd.
Spaghetti Squash & Chicken with Avocado
Serves: 4 / Time: 1 hr
- 1 - 2 1/2 to 3 lb spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 1” thick pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place squash, cut side down, on one side of the prepared pan. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, basil, pistachios, lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add 4 tablespoons oil and process until smooth.
- Ten minutes before the squash is done, toss chicken, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Spread the chicken in an even layer on the empty side of the baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the squash from the shells into a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss gently to combine. Serve topped with the pesto.
Reference: Eating Well Website
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” - Edith Lovejoy Pierce