The office will be closed Monday, September 2nd for Labor Day.
ALL NEW HOURS – BEGIN THIS MONTH!
We feel our new hours are going to be very beneficial to all. We have extended our blocks to go later and added hours on Saturdays. We have tried to develop a system that will decrease the wait time during regular office visits, by dividing our schedule in to “Open Adjusting Hours” and “Appointments”.
Open Adjusting Hours are for all current patients coming in for their regular visits (just as it always has been). You are invited to come in anytime during these hours for your regular adjustments. The open adjusting hours are:
Mondays: 2:30 – 7:00pm
Tuesdays: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Wednesdays: 2:30 – 7:00pm
Fridays: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Saturdays: 9:00 – 11:00am
Appointment Hours are for all visits requiring an appointment such as New Patients, Report of Findings, Re-exams, X-rays, Consultations or anything requiring a longer than normal visit time. These must be scheduled during the following times and are subject to availability:
Mondays: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Tuesdays: 2:30 – 7:00pm
Wednesdays: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Fridays: 2:30 – 6:00pm
So, basically – keep coming in for your regular adjustments during our Open Adjusting Hours. Anything that requires an appointment must be scheduled during our Appointment Hours.
We hope you enjoy the extended evenings, afternoons and Saturdays, as well as less wait time!
Chiropractic will be celebrating its 124th Birthday on Wednesday, September 18th. In honor of this special day, we will be offering $18 First Visits for New Patients! Offer will include exam/consultation, thermal scan, x-rays (if necessary), 1st adjustment and report of findings. Offer is valid on September 17th and 18th during our appointment hours. We will have treats to celebrate on the 18th during our open adjusting hours!
Lampeter Fair is Wednesday, September 25th through Friday, September 27th. Make sure to stop by our booth with a friend and say hi! Please note that the office will still be open for our regular adjusting hours during the fair.
“Can You Hear Me Now…”
Did you know the first adjustment ever given wasn’t for back pain, neck pain or headaches? Here’s how it all started as told by our found Dr. D.D. Palmer in 1895…
“Harvey Lillard, a janitor, in the Ryan Block, where I had my office, had been so deaf for 17 years that he could not hear the racket of a wagon on the street or the ticking of a watch. I made inquiry as to the cause of his deafness and was informed that when he was exerting himself in a cramped, stooping position, he felt something give way in his back and immediately became deaf.
An examination showed a vertebra racked from its normal position. I reasoned that if that vertebra was replaced, the man’s hearing should be restored. With this object in view, a half hour’s talk persuaded Mr. Lillard to allow me to replace it. I racked it into position by using the spinous process as a lever and soon the man could hear as before.”
There was nothing ‘accidental’ about this, as it was accomplished with an object in view, and the result expected was obtained. There was nothing ‘crude’ about this adjustment; it was specific, so much so that no Chiropractor has equaled it.” Thus Chiropractic was born!
Now imagine if Harvey still needed a hearing aid after September 1895. Your Chiropractor wouldn’t be adjusting you today. Good thing D.D. was a great persuader!
Reference: The Weekly Sticky
Did You Know?
- The term “chiropractic” is a combination of two Greek words: cheir which means hand, and praktos which means done. “Done by hand”… fitting, right?
- Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) go through a minimum of 4,200 classroom, lab, and clinical internships during their 4-year doctorate program. Perspective: if you combine all that time, that’s 175 days straight. Oof.
- It is estimated that Chiropractors take care of over 35 million Americans (adults and children) annually.
- 32 National Football League teams utilize chiropractic. All 32 teams have their own chiropractic to boost performance, maintain health and care for injuries.
- Chiropractic patients are healthier than the general population: a 7 years study tracked patients who saw a chiropractor as their primary health intervention, and they were shown to have 83% less pharmaceutical costs, 62 % less outpatient surgeries, 60% fewer hospital admissions, and 59% fewer days in the hospital.